Types of Information We Collect
- Personal Information Personal information is information that specifically identifies an individual, such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or other account number, and information about that individual’s activities when directly linked to that person such as information about his or her purchases. Personal information also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
- Aggregate Information Personal information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group or category of products, services or clients, from which individual client identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data. Likewise, information about the products you purchase may be collected and combined with information about the products purchased by others. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and client needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. We may share aggregate information about our users with third parties for various purposes, such as helping us better understand and improve our services, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
Case collects personal information from you at several different points on our Websites, as set forth below. In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as to provide services or send information you have requested, and to anticipate and resolve problems with our Websites and our services), for our own internal business operations, to respond to client support inquiries and for other purposes as described below.
- Requests for a Consultation, Request a Conversation, Employment Application, and Other Information Submissions When you submit a request for a consultation, request a conversation, an employment application, or other information submission, you are required to give certain personal information (such as your name, email address, and zip code). We may also request certain information about your interests and preferences.Information you provide during registration may be used for some or all of the following: to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfill your request; and to contact you from time to time (i) about services on our Websites for which you have expressed interest; (ii) with news, (iii) for internal marketing, informational, and promotional purposes; or (iv) for any other lawful purpose related to your use of the Websites.Additionally, your personal information may be used, together with other information you submit to us in conjunction with your use of the Websites, for the following purposes: for editorial purposes (such as listing your question in a FAQ or Q&A section of our websites); to contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to the Websites (e.g., to ask you a question about your project or obtain further information to answer your questions).
- Newsletters When you submit your email address to us to initiate a subscription to one of our newsletters, we ask for personal information such as your name, home address and email address. This personal information is only used to send you the newsletter(s) you have requested. Collecting your home address allows us to provide content that is specific to your geographic area. You may opt-out or unsubscribe to our newsletters by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the newsletter.
- Contests, Promotions, Offers and Surveys From time to time our Websites request personal information from users via contests, promotions, offers, and surveys. Participation in these contests, promotions, offers, and surveys is completely voluntary and you therefore may choose whether to disclose personal information in connection with these activities. Personal Information requested in these activities may include contact information (e.g., your name and shipping address) and demographic information (e.g., your zip code or age level). We use this information to notify you if you’ve won and to award prizes. We use information we collect in surveys for internal purposes, such as to ascertain the use of this Websites and improve its usefulness to you. We may also provide third parties with this information, and may combine it with some or all of your registration information. Third parties may use the information we provide them to contact you regarding products or services that may be of interest to you. These disclosures are discussed in greater detail below in the “Disclosure of Personal Information” section. When we provide information collected during a contest, promotion, offer, or survey on the Websites to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
- Customer Service We collect personal information when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Case will not sell, rent or share personal information with third parties without your prior consent. With your consent, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in order to provide you with products and services that you have requested. If we are collecting information that may be provided to third parties, we always disclose this to you at the time of collection.
Case’s Own Business Purposes
We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks. We may also share personal information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. We require our third party vendors to keep such information confidential and to only use the information for the purpose it was provided.
Protection of Case and Others
Information about our users, including personal information, may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of the business assets of the company.
Children & Minors
We do not intend, and the Websites is not designed, to collect personal information from children under the age of 18. If you are under 18 years old, you should not register for our services or otherwise provide information on our Websites and should ask your parent or legal guardian to do so for you.
Third Party Links
Third Party Sources
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorized parties while it is under our control.
We give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving commercial email from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in the message. Even if you opt-out in this manner, however, you will still receive account-related and non-commercial messages from us. To get placed on our DO NOT EMAIL list, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your email address is added to the DO NOT EMAIL list, you will not receive any newsletters or other opt-in email messages. Please note, however, that your email address being placed on the DO NOT EMAIL list does not prevent you from receiving “send-to-a-friend” email messages, or email messages from third parties from which you requested information, products, or services from during or immediately after registration. To opt-out from messages from these third parties, or from any other communications that you receive directly from third parties, you must contact them directly in order to opt-out.